Nowadays, weddings aren’t about buying luxurious items anymore. Every couple makes a point to make it personalized/ customized for their family, friends, and themselves. Clearly, you will hear words like DIY a lot nowadays. Whether it’s signature cocktails, wedding decor, or floral arrangements, putting your creativity to use is becoming quite popular.
But that’s not all! You can even DIY a wedding bouquet if you want to take it one step further. Of course, you will need some guidance before you start doing the main thing. In this article, we have rounded up all the information that will help you make your wedding special with some unique bouquet ideas.
Tips to get started
You have an idea that there are several types of wedding styles, right? In the same way, there are different types of wedding bouquets as well. It can be multi-hued, asymmetric, monochrome, or perfectly spherical. If done right, each one of them will accentuate the bride’s look.
So, before we start discussing the DIY ideas, here are some tips to help you move in the right direction without making any mistakes, even if you are a beginner. Here’s what you must remember.
- Choose the right blooms: If you opt for natural blooms, you must choose in-season blooms. This will cost relatively less and will look like the prettiest blooms. But what if you are looking for the most stunning blooms that aren’t in season? You are lucky that you can create a DIY wedding bouquet using sola wood flowers. Yes, they are the perfect alternative to natural blooms if you want to cut down your floral costs and still create the same ambiance and overall look.
- Find the right vendors: If you want quality blooms, finding the right florist will help you avoid any last-minute issues. You can search for wedding bouquet flowers online and ensure that flowers are at their absolute best. You can order a small lot before to find out more about the quality and then order the entire set later.
- Learn about arranging basics: If you opt for sola wood flowers, you can make your wedding bouquet in advance. Since you have time, it would be nice if you carve out some time before your wedding to learn about the basics of flower arrangements. This will give you ample time to learn the craft and create some impeccable wedding bouquets for your wedding.
Once you prepare your wedding bouquet, learn about the art of preserving them well before your D-day. This will ensure that they look the prettiest on your wedding day.
Now that we have already talked about the basic tips, here are some examples that you try for your wedding.
Types of wedding bouquet you can make
- Romantic bouquet
If you want to turn up the romantic quotient at your wedding, there is nothing better than creating a romantic DIY wedding bouquet. Here’s how you can make it.
- Choose the right flowers. For example, when creating a romantic bouquet, choosing a rose is by far the most popular option. But you can also opt for lily, lilac, protea, or ranunculus. Ideally, a mix of vibrant and soft colors will put together a perfect wedding bouquet.
- Now go for the next step, which is the stemming of the flowers. You will need a hot glue gun or a bamboo stick. For this, you will have to choose the flower length you want. You can opt for the same length or choose varying sizes to create more depth in your bouquet.
- Now arrange the flowers, fillers, and arrange them in a way that shows off each and every flower and filler. That way, it will look perfect and comfortable to hold. But when arranging the flowers, make sure you focus on balance over symmetry.
If you want a wildflower collection for your wedding day like poppies, daisies, spray roses, lavender, or evening primrose, this guide will help you get started.
- You have to lay and group all the flowers and greenery. This will make it easier for you to make the bouquet. You can use the method of sorting by size, type, and color. Don’t think about lengths. But make sure to remove any leaves or greenery near the stem base.
- Now choose 3-5 large blooms to create a focal point. Now secure it with five inches of wrapping tape. Now you can start adding additional greenery and blooms to the outside. Make sure to secure the stems with tape. Continue adding until you get an ideal size for yourself.
- Now trim the stems so that they are the same length. This will allow you to hold the bouquet comfortably. Afterward, wrap your bouquet with tape and accessories like ribbon, twine, or string. You can also use a strand of beads and secure them with pins to enhance its beauty.
Garden Organic Bouquet
If you want to feel that you picked up your bouquet from a garden, this is the perfect option. This tutorial will quickly help you to choose types of bouquet flowers and create a DIY wedding bouquet for yourself.
- First, lay down greenery as if they are making an X. Now create different layers using the same method every single time. You can try a 70:30 ratio of foliage and flowers.
- Now start adding blooms. Think about the different heights of flowers. So add them together and create buds in your bouquet. Remember, organic is never symmetrical.
- Use the zip tie and tie it tight to give it a bouquet shape. But keep it loose enough to adjust.
- Make final adjustments while standing in front of the mirror.
Weddings are a dreamy affair. Besides the wedding gown, decor, and other essentials, a wedding bouquet brings life to the entire wedding day ensemble. Make sure you figure out the theme first, then prepare a bouquet for yourself. Hopefully, these wedding ideas will give you a starting point for your D-day. After all, we care about your wedding as much as you do. So, are you all set now to make an impressive wedding bouquet?